The Mind-Body Connection is Real... Are You Using it Properly?
Research shows that your body follows direct orders from your mind, the question is are you are dishing out the proper orders to live in your best body? Understanding the Mind-Body connection is crucial for your long-term weight loss success.
Are you ready to live in your ideal body without force, punishment or dieting?
When you properly understand how your mind and body work together you get to let go of dieting strategies and utilize an approach that focuses on your bodies innate ability to heal, and yes, that includes losing weight.
I have combined ten years of education and experience into a brand new program to help you understand and utilize your mind and body properly and finally jump off the dieting roller coaster.
What is Mindfulness-Based Weight Reduction?
Enter your name and email below to receive access to a FREE webinar discussing Mindfulness-Based Weight Reduction and the 8 Simple Steps to Understand Why Your Weight Keeps Coming Back.
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Let's Look at the Research
After conducting an extensive literature review on dieting, I found the following studies showing dieting to be dangerous and ineffective.
Dieting is Ineffective
- Rogerson, Soltani, and Copeland (2016) found that dieting leads to increase of appetite, food obsessions, increased cravings and lower energy. Not to mention, 80% of dieters gain the weight back.
- Fothergill et al. (2016) studied contestants from the television show The Biggest Loser and found that most contestants gained the weight back in the six years following the show.
- In a twin study done by Pietilainen et al. (2012) it was proven that the twins who were put on the diet gained more weight than their sibling who did not diet.
Dieting Has Side Effects
- Wood (2001) was able to indicate that dieting drops levels of leptin, which in fact increases hunger. She discovered that after three months of dieting, leptin levels dropped by 54%, and desire to eat doubled over the course of the study.
- Bacon et al. (2002) found that dieters not only regain their weight, but they abandon healthy habits due to their lack of success with weight loss.
- Another study looked at patients for a period of 10 years and found no improvements in the group that participated in dieting or what they label as “intensive lifestyle intervention” (“Cardiovascular Effects of Intensive Lifestyle Intervention”, p.145, 2013).
With dieting being ineffective, there is nothing stopping you from adopting a different approach to weight loss.
Perhaps you’re still not convinced?
Here’s what some of the women I help say about me:
"Wanted to say your classes are great. I learned to "confront" my emotions & what I was really feeling. I liked the fact that even though we were all there "trying" to lose weight, the approach helped in weight loss because it was "life learning"; not just another "Weight loss" scheme". - Sandy Kunkle
"My biggest fear is being vulnerable. It's not always easy to speak out about what I have considered my failures or weaknesses; but through Michelle I have learned to accept myself as more than just my weight and I now feel free to talk about my concerns without judgement". - Sheila Phelps
"Michelle's online program has given me the opportunity to repeatedly strengthen what I am learning in each lesson by being able to chase down any uncomfortable thoughts until I have my "ah-hah!" moment and can release those negative tapes in my head and fully embrace my truth. I am able to do this in part by her brilliantly laid out pathways in each lesson "If you are feeling stuck on this idea or need more support, try this lesson/program next…". Her program has been transformative and allows me to continually move forward towards my ideal self." - Katrina Gossage
I loved Michelle's gentle approach to weight loss. As a result I have lost 20 lbs and felt good and encouraged the entire way. -Claudia Norman
Michelle has inspired me so much. I started struggling with my weight after I had my second child. Instead of being thankful to my body for producing such loving, beautiful, and wonderful children I was so caught up in the look thin stigma. I want to teach my girls how to just love them from inside so they won't have these battles. - Jasmine Markanday
Who is Michelle?
Just like you, I’ve struggled with my weight. And, in the past it’s made me miserable – especially as each new diet failed me.
But I found a way to beat weight gain without diets – and to feel good about myself and my body. I’m now an author, finishing up my Masters in Human Behavior and beginning my PhD in Health Psychology later this year. I am also a certified food psychology coach, a certified personal trainer, a certified yoga teacher, and a master neuro-linguistic programmer. Most importantly, I have 10 years of experience in this mind-body world and how to release your weight by mastering it.
I’m also a wife, and mom to a toddler– Rome. I love my dogs, playing guitar, singing in musical theatre and – most importantly - helping people like you. I’m here to help you fall in love with yourself and your body – and show you how to kick dieting out of your life for good.